Thursday, May 20, 2010

What is the best way to get from West Orange, NJ to New York City?

I am planning on going to NYC in March of 2008. I get a really good discount at Marriot hotels so I am going to stay at the Courtyard in West Orange, NJ ($79/night). That is not final because I am still looking for something cheap but not trashy or scary. Is this convenient to NYC. What is the best way to get there without a car because I am flying there. Does the subway go from West Orange to NYC? Thanks.

What is the best way to get from West Orange, NJ to New York City?
Take the New Jersey transit bus from Livingston, NJ, which is right next door to West Orange. It will put you into Manhattan in just under 45 minutes, and it costs just five bucks.





I know, I know, the term "bus" invokes all manner of sordidness, but trust me: My ex used to make the commute from West Orange to New York five days a week, and this was the preferred way to go. NJ Transit is primarily a commuter service, so the majority of passengers will be people just like you.





In all likelihood, the Marriott will provide a shuttle service to the bus stop (a parking lot near a zoo in Livingston), because you certainly won't be their first customer to do this.





Bring a book or your laptop, then sit back and enjoy the ride into NYC!





Kango Traveler


No comments:

Post a Comment