Monday, May 11, 2009

How to remove orange juice from my rug?

My daughter has dropped a cup of "florida's natural orange juice" on the living room rug.


Is as if my rug has been bleached.

How to remove orange juice from my rug?
If it has removed the color, you cannot fix that. Do you happen to have a piece of that rug left over? If so, you can replace the section in your rug that has been damaged by actually carefully cutting out a piece and replacing it with another. If you have some of the rug, just make sure you keep the direction of the pile the same in the piece you insert. I have done this to remove a stain ifrom a new rug and the piece was still there and unnoticeable years later when I sold the house.
Reply:The acid probably killed the pigment in the wool. I don't think there's anything you can do now. Sorry about the rug. Next time douse it with water.


No comments:

Post a Comment