Monday, May 11, 2009

Are white fleshed and orange fleshed sweet potatoes interchangeable?

I bought two identical looking sweet potatoes for my valentines dinner. When I just peeled them, one had white flesh and one had orange flesh. (I was expecting both to be orange!) Can I still make mashed sweet potatoes and have them taste right, or do I have to drag myself and my 6 month old BACK to the grocery store to buy an orange one?

Are white fleshed and orange fleshed sweet potatoes interchangeable?
They do taste slightly different - one is a bit sweeter. Use both and add a little honey or sugar if necessary. You should be fine with what you have!
Reply:There is not much difference in taste.Go ahead and mash them.Taste for sweetness and adjust the sweetener you are using to suit your taste.

White Teeth

No comments:

Post a Comment