Monday, May 11, 2009

Can I correct my orange hair by putting another color over it?

I have naturally darkest brown hair which I had bleached and dyed and it's supposed to be "golden" blonde, but it looks a little orange, not a lot, just a little, and only in certain kinds of light. It's almost there. So my question is, if I buy an ash blonde color and put it over the orange, will it come out the color on the box? Also, should I buy a shade darker or lighter than my haircolor now? I had the bleaching done in a salon and I'm not willing to try it myself.

Can I correct my orange hair by putting another color over it?
Never agree to colour your hair with the words warm/golden/burnt or other such adjectives if you dont wanna go ginger.





I used to colour/bleach/colour my hair over and over again. its not a problem to colour over the top. I think your hair will be porous now and would strongly suggest you get a shade lighter than the colour on the box as they tend to be darker.





I think ash blonde could send you back to dark hair as they are not very light looking. But then again it would tone down the flamey coloured hair. i think light ash blonde is what you want.
Reply:yeah all ash colors get red and orange out. umm i think for now go a little darker and then later on get lighter. thats what i did.


No comments:

Post a Comment